Monday, March 9, 2009

Selecting a Name is so Hard!

Robbie and I have chosen Kaelyn Elizabeth as a name for our baby girl! Picking out a name is so important and was a hard task given the nature of my job as an educator. There were many names that reminded me too much of a past student. It didn't matter whether I enjoyed having the student in class or whether I'd rather forget them, but I already had a face with many names we considered. Kaelyn comes partially from my mom's name, Kaye Lynn, and we liked it because we haven't heard it much. It means beautiful heir, pure, and modern. We felt like it sounded solid. Robbie and I did struggle more with the middle name (I had to talk him out of a few ridiculous ones such as Krimson for his Bama ties), but decided on Elizabeth, which means God's chosen one, and fit our little precious one so well. Elizabeth is also a family name since my Nana and great-grandmother, Gigi, both shared the middle name. Robbie's mom, Betty, is also a form of Elizabeth, and we wanted to keep the tradition going. We are pleased and hope she arrives looking like a Kaelyn Elizabeth!

No comments: