Friday, June 12, 2009

Back to the doctor today...

I went back to the doctor today for a sonogram to determine how big Kaelyn is and for a routine check-up. She is weighing in at 5 lbs. 14 oz. at the end of 36 weeks. The doctor is anticipating her weight to be about 7 1/2 lbs. if we make it to July 2nd. I was also pleased to see that she is still a girl since I've washed a lot of her clothes. Since I'm not sleeping much, I think I've had the recurring nightmare that she might be a boy and I'll have to return everything at the last minute. Thank you Jill Corbitt! I still remember being at Grace's shower with pink M & M's and then hearing a week later that Grace would now be Grayson! It was definitely very clear in the sonogram that we are still having a girl and I breathed a sigh of relief. The doctor gave a great update on everything else. Kaelyn is breathing on her own through her diaphragm (which is rare since she doesn't have to yet) and she is head down and ready. I think that things are progressing like they should and I am keeping my fingers crossed that she could come early. I go back next Friday and hope to know more.

1 comment:

Corbitt Family said...

Hey we know it would only happen to us, but I would not have it any other way now!