Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Visit to Santa...AGAIN

Here's a little insight into my craziness...I was not at all pleased with Kaelyn's first visit to Santa and the picture that was taken. I spent several sleepless nights concocting a plan to visit a "better-looking" Santa. I'm a little obsessive with my scrapbooking and wanted Kaelyn's first visit to be so special, so we decided to put Kaelyn into her dress again and take her for another picture at Northpark Center on Sunday after church. I checked into the times and found out we could pick up a ticket for our turn in line beginning at 10 a.m. We arrived at 10:45 a.m. and got our ticket with family in tow. We were #139 and were told that we wouldn't be seen until after 4 p.m. that afternoon. Five hours is a bit too long to hang out at the mall for any daddy and baby (plus we were hosting our small group Christmas party later in the evening and needed to get home), so we decided we'd try again Monday. Robbie picked up a ticket at 9 a.m. on Monday morning and we were #104. Santa's helper told us that we could come back anytime after 2:30 (but before 7 p.m.) and hand in our ticket and they'd place us in line with no more than a 15-20 minute wait (Genius plan!). We arrived around 6 p.m. and didn't have to wait at all. The picture turned out much better and now I'm a happy Mommy! Robbie, you are the best for putting up with me!

1 comment:

Liz*** said...

You are hilarious! This is just one of the many reasons we are friends...you are crazy like me!