Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Early Arrival???

I went back to the doctor yesterday for my gestational diabetes test and a routine check-up. The sunkist-tasting juice wasn't near as bad as I expected it to be. I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to finish it all and hold it in, but I was worried for nothing. We are now in our third trimester, and Dr. Umholtz measures our progress each time. She said we are 2 weeks further along, and she has scheduled to induce during the 38th week! She wanted us to be on her calendar just in case we need it. Given the size of Robbie when he was born (11 lbs. 1 oz.) and the fact that I wasn't small (8 lbs. 2 oz.), she wants to make sure that Kaelyn isn't going to be too big of a baby when she is born. My mom was in town and got to go to the appointment with me. The news that she might be a grandmother two weeks earlier definitely had her in a good mood. We will have a sonogram at 36 weeks to see for sure if labor will be induced during that week of June 21st. Robbie and I are excited to meet our little Kaelyn and have a lot to do to get ready for her. Everything else checked out great and I am now on a two-week rotation for check-ups.

2 comments:

Corbitt Family said...

That is crazy how fast it is going! The induced me with Grayson at 38 weeks, but he had a HUGE head. I am excited for ya'll!

Liz*** said...

I'm so excited to meet Miss Kaelyn!!!