Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rylan Brice Hudson


Rylan Brice Hudson was born on Monday, April 4th at 1:05 p.m. He weighed 8 lbs. 0 oz. and was 20.75 inches long. He is absolutely beautiful, and we are a happy family of four now!

Rylan's Birth Story: The morning started just like I feared; we were bumped for induction AGAIN (with Kaelyn we were bumped to four days later) and were told to call the hospital at 8:30 a.m. (We were scheduled to be there at 7:30 a.m. and go the call at 6:35 a.m. after we had already showered and packed all of our bags in the car). Instead of having anxiety of giving birth, my biggest concern was getting that dreaded call. Thankfully the Lord took care of us and the hospital called us at 8:20 a.m. and told us to come have a baby! Of course, just like with Kaelyn, all the family was already in town because no one wanted to miss the birth of Mr. Rylan.

We got checked in around 9:15 and they started the pitocin drip at 9:30 a.m. Everything went very smoothly with the labor and delivery. My only complaint is that I should have asked for the epidural 30 minutes before I did, but I like to think I actually experienced some real labor contractions with intense pain! My doctor had said we would have a baby by lunch time provided that we started at 7:30 like planned, and she was right!

When we met Rylan for the first time, it brought back all the memories of delivering Kaelyn and the happiness Robbie and I felt then. When I saw his little face, I had tears in my eyes and felt so happy to have another precious member of our family. He is so special and Kaelyn couldn't be a better big sister!

Things have been really great since we arrived home. Robbie got to be home for the remaining of the week and then we were blessed to have my parents and Robbie's parents with us for the first two weeks. Kaelyn received lots of attention from her grandparents and it enabled me to get in a rhythm with Rylan. As Robbie likes to say, we are definitely practicing "man to man coverage" right now with learning to parent two children. Welcome to our family Rylan Brice! You are one special little guy and we can't believe how much you've blessed our lives in just these first few weeks. We love you so very much!


Big sister Kaelyn checking out her baby brother!


Cousin Brice, from whom Rylan got his middle name!

Daddy and his sweet babies!

Kaelyn getting a little daddy time!

Our happy family of four!

Little Brother

Daddy and Rylan getting some snuggle time.

Kaelyn holding Rylan! Such a sweet girl!

Rylan Brice Hudson

1 comment:

JESSICA said...

Congratulations Kristen! He is handsome and you guys look so very happy! Glad you had so much help so you could enjoy your one on one time with Rylan!